Miami Lakes Cultural Affairs Committee is seeking nominations for its Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon in honor of Women’s History Month. The winners will be announced at the luncheon scheduled from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 4, at Mary Collins Community Center, 15151 N.W. 82 Avenue.
The luncheon’s keynote speaker will be Perla Tabares Hantman, longtime Miami Lakes resident and member of the Miami-Dade County School Board including nine terms as chairman.
The awards categories area:
• Arts – Woman who has contributed to the cultural life of the community through theatre, dance, music, art or literature.
• Business – Professional woman in a position as owner, CEO or high-level manager of a business or industry.
• Community and Civic Affairs – A leader, supervisor, administrator, manager or member who has made a contribution to the community.
• Education – A woman educator, administrator or director of a public or private institution of learning who has been outstanding in the field.
• Government – Woman who had made an outstanding contribution to the community through her work in or with local government.
• Health Services – Individual who has made an outstanding contribution in the health services field.
• Humanitarian – An outstanding woman who has made a contribution to the community. This individual may or may not be affiliated with a commercial, professional or non-profit agency or group.
• Volunteer – A woman who had made an outstanding contribution in serving the needs of others.
The Nomination Form can be found at www.miamilakes-fl.gov/cac and must be submitted by 5 p.m. on February 21, to Community Engagement and Outreach Manager Clarisell De Cardenas via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space for the luncheon is limited and reservations are required by Monday, February 27. Reservations will remain open until all seats are filled. For reservations, contact De Cardenas at 305-364-6100, or by email to email@example.com.